青岛雅思培训:提及catch这个词,很多同学都会联系到它作名词时的意义,“捕了多少鱼”,与“第22条军规”有关……其实,它还与“另一半”有关,你知道吗?
1. be a catch 值得追求的人,宜婚对象
John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.
约翰今晚带我出去了。他是个靠谱的结婚对象,我希望他能向我求婚。
2. running on fumes 非常疲惫,就快熬不住了
I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go home now. I haven’t slept for twenty hours and I’m running on fumes.
抱歉,我现在得回家。我已经有20个小时没睡了,快熬不住了。
3. sell (sb) out 背叛;出卖
French farmers feel they've been sold out by their government in the negotiations.
法国农场主感到在谈判中他们被政府出卖了。
4. sell sb (on sth) 说服某人(做某事)
OK, you’ve sold me. I’ll go with you.
好吧,你说服我了。我跟你一起去。
5. blow sb away 使(某人)大为惊讶;令(某人)非常高兴
The ending will blow you away.
结局会让你无比惊喜。
6. blow smoke 蒙人,骗人,放烟雾弹
I’m not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.
我没骗你,我真得读过托尔斯泰的《战争与和平》。
7. couldn't care less (表示强调)一点也不在乎
- That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.
- 那人从商店偷了一瓶葡萄酒。
- Oh, really? I couldn’t care less.
- 是吗?管我P事。
8. chuffed to bits 高兴,兴奋
Hey, thanks for the present! I’m chuffed to bits.
嗨,谢谢你的礼物!我很喜欢。
9. feel under the weather 生病;觉得不舒服
I'm feeling a bit under the weather - I think I've caught a cold.
我觉得有点不舒服——可能是感冒了。
10. tickled pink 高兴极了
I was tickled pink to be invited.
能受到邀请我真是开心死了。
青岛新航道专注于青岛雅思培训,更多专业知识可点击青岛新航道官网咨询。